The Directorate of Media and Publicity, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), is under the office of the Vice-Chancellor. The directorate uses various forms of media and communication channels to build and maintain the reputation of the University by providing information to serve as a link between the university and the public.
It also liaises with corporate bodies, private and public organisations and stakeholders to effectively promote Open and Distance Learning (ODL) not just at local and regional levels, but also on the international arena. In addition, the directorate promotes NOUN products and services through newsletters as well as traditional and online media.
The directorate is mandated with the duties of creating, projecting and sustaining the image of the University through various activities with its stakeholders both internally and externally.
The directorate ensures that the activities of the University optimally reach concerned publics through the traditional and online media.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE:
- Acts as a public relations unit.
- Educates the general public about NOUN as the only single-mode ODL University in the country.
- Projects a positive image for the university.
- Coordinates all media-related activities of the University, especially ceremonies like Convocation, Matriculation, Public and Inaugural lectures, Faculties and other activities.
- Co-ordinates information dissemination about the mission and vision of the University.
- Carries out advocacy in various forms through the distribution of publications and adverts.
- Issues press releases about the institution’s events/activities to the mass media.
- Administers the NOUN Newsgroup on Telegram.
- Serves as the watchdog of the University (intermediary between the institution and the general public).
- Places unsolicited and solicited information in the traditional and new media.
- Operates a wholly dedicated NOUN news website at: www.nounnews.org.
- We are present on all the popular social media sites, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, WhatsApp, etc.
To disseminate credible information about the University and defend its policies.
To become a provider of quality content across all media platforms.
In all our activities, our core values are:
- Production Excellence
- Content Innovation
- Ethical Conduct
- Editorial Integrity
- 556 views