When the Canadian communications theorist, Herbert Marshall McLuhan coined his popular concept, "Global Village" in the early 60s, it appeared he had the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) in mind.
- "With NOUN, nobody has excuse not to be educated in Nigeria'' - Silas T. Usman
- The 11th Convocation ceremony of the National Open University of Nigeria held on Saturday, 26th March, 2022, where 22,250 students graduated, has come and gone but we cannot but talk about the activities of the event.
- In every contest, one basic thing occurrs naturally at the end: the emergence of a winner and a loser. This is natural and there is no doubt about it!
- Without fear of contradiction, it is patently obvious that Wednesday, 2nd March, 2022 remains indelible in the annals of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
- The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is like a city on the mountain that cannot be hidden. As a single -mode Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution, NOUN's activities must be publicised using all available means.
- The evolution and the subsequent incursion of technology into the educational landscape has continued to bear an unprecedented result in enhancing the learning experience of students, especially as the global community increasingly becomes subservient to the technological transformation.
- The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) a single mode Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution established with the core mandate of providing functional, cost-effective and flexible learning which adds life-long value to quality education for all who seek knowledge in Nigeria and beyond.
- The Open and Distance Learning (ODL) is a success story for the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). The institution, which was established in 1983 but soon suspended in 1984, was resuscitated in the year 2002.